• Skinning blade with gut hook
  • Tanto
  • Folding Skinning blade
0 voters

lets see what ya choose ?

3 Likes

You forgot kitchen knife :flushed:

3 Likes

Please dont tell me you used a kitchen knife to skin out a wild game harvest. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

lol, I’ve not had many great knives, but meat is meat, even if hit by and loaded in the back of a Ford before butchering with whatever knife is sharpest :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh Good Lord :joy:, Wonder what the Taylor knockout factor would be on Ford Versus whitetail :sweat_smile: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

No its dont tell his WIFE he cleaned the deer with a kitchen knife.

3 Likes

lol, reminds me of when my dad processed one in the bathtub once, lots of hair in the tub, not certain but would guess time of season, or lack of, lead to it being done there, or who knows maybe it was lack of counter space or just cold outside :grin:

3 Likes

Fixed blade for skinning. That is done at home with the deer hanging from a gimbrel in the barn with an ESSE Izula II. But for field dressing I have come to favor a certain folding knife. A CRKT Homefront Hunter. After field dressing the deer I toss it in the organ bag. Back home it disassembles and I can clean it throughly. It’s light and convenient to carry. Nice.

2 Likes

I have been Using an outdoor edge switch blade knife for years it flips over on itself with a skinner blade in one direction and a dull hide/ gut hook on the other . You can take that one end stick up under the hide and just go anywhere you want to even right under the abdomen muscles of a deer and never cut the guts.
I dont eat organ meat from Deer. Was told many years ago that pesticides used by power companies on electric right aways can be injested and stay in their organs.

1 Like