41 Special my favorite caliber!

Yeah I totally understand, if you don’t reload it is a non starter. I stay away from the 41 mag as at one time or another others have offered it. I like offering things no one else is offering.
Remington has said they were interested in producing ammo for the 41 Special but that has yet to happen. Sierra did start some reloading data in the “new” 6th volume. It is limited but it is there.
I have a lot of reloading data from JT articles and from Starline.
There are other sources I have load data from also but have also done some of my own load data as well.
Right now i am shooting 41 Special Starline brass, 6.0 grains of 231 pushing a 215 grain Keith from Missouri bullet company at 12 BHN and a WLP primer. It is just over 900 fps. It is a very accurate load at 25 and 50 yards.

5 Likes

I have had several people ask me to make 41 mag SBRs over the last couple years. I may do that at some point but before i do i want to get a few of these 41 Specials out there. The barrels i have with the twist rate of 1:18 it could be used for either mag or special. But i would not turn down a barrel sale if someone wanted to produce one of their own.
There are several people on here that are quite capable of doing a professional job and having a Beautiful functioning work of art that is handy beyond most other lever actions.

4 Likes

Besides youself I chance your referring to …
Cough cough…ie @58Marine @albroswift
I wished I had any of y’alls skillsets. Inever have gotten in to it… But by golly ya know what I am not against learning a new trick or two…
Wife is waiting to teach me how to lay down and play dead.
Been watching Why women kill. Told me she totally understands why women kill she just wants to learn how to get away with it :exploding_head: :scream: :coffin: :headstone:

2 Likes

So this is my 41 Special the tight group is 2 complete cylinders 15 yards from my shooting bag. The second picture is 25 yards standing modified weaver stance. All rounds were 41 Special brass, 215 grain Keith bullet 12 BHN 6.0 grains of 231 over a WLP primer at 900 fps.

4 Likes

I want to get a 357 and have you rebore it for me. does the donner need to be a Ruger Blackhawk or a Smith & Wesson ?

2 Likes

What are you reboring it to?

2 Likes

well I am talking bout the difference in bore sizes from 357 to 41 , not the same as I understand correct ? I mean to say re- barreled & chambers would also need reamed …Heck I dont know I just reload and shoot I aint no smith .

2 Likes

Ao you are thinking about a 41 Special? I think a Ruger SP 101 or GP 100 with short barrels would make a great carry gun. If you want a single action ruger is the way to go.
As to bore size .356 vs .409
357 / 38 normal bullet weights from 125 to 158
41 normal bullet weights 200-220

3 Likes