3 Likes

Just what ever you do … don’t get offended :joy::joy::joy:
Im always poking fun :grin: :joy:

1 Like

So long as she’s ok with it then I say poke away

3 Likes

Instead of giving timeouts we should just forward to 98Z5V over at 308AR.com

3 Likes

yes Tom would have a ball with that guy.

2 Likes

To anyone who may have thought they weren’t seeing new topics I did just now take a look at my settings and seen a 2 day setting

and changed it to

hopefully that makes the difference as I just noted a 14 day old post not yet viewed, I didn’t even know we were 14 days old yet :grin:

2 Likes

Ok i am going to chance talking about my favorite caliber again. So i finished a several barrels this week. Just need to roll stamp them and final sand.
The two short ones are both for the 41 Special. Both barrels are for Winchester 1892 a carbine and a rifle. Both barrels are 14” in length. The 1892 carbine could be ordered from Winchester down to 10” in length but 15” being the most common. These short carbines were called either baby carbines or trappers. The 1892 octagon rifle could be ordered down to 12” in increments of 2” anything 20” and under is classified as a short rifle. This barrel is also a 14”.
Depending on the pictures i post you may see an 1894 take down 26” octagon in 30 WCF and then being fit up to the actual receiver.

5 Likes

Cool history lesson, even if you’re just starting trouble with that .41spl :grin:

4 Likes

Does that classify as an SBR or is there a loophole?

3 Likes

Depends on date of manufacture. 1934? or earlier? Something sticking in my memory banks about 14" carbines.

4 Likes

So yes the 14” barrels fall under the NFA of 1934. It makes them short barrel rifles.
Al is correct there are trappers and short rifles that are exempt from the NFA, they are classified as curious and relics. There is a list 20 plus pages ling of those Winchester “baby carbines” or trappers and short rifles. If anyone finds one and it isnt on the list it must be registered as a short barreled rifle.
That brings us to mine……. First I am making these due to the fact i am a licensed manufacturer with SOT. That means i can make silencers, machine guns, short barrel shotguns, and short barrel rifles.
I bought a brand new in the box 1882 Rossi early Interarms Import from the early 1980s for manufacturing the trapper. And I been looking for a original 1892 Winchester 24” octagon barrel rifle to make my short 14” octagon rifle. Yes they both will end up as short barrel rifles in 41 special!
Did I start any trouble? Lol

4 Likes

Great explanation, thanks!
Bottom line your 41’s would need a tax stamp for any of us mere mortals to own .

4 Likes

Man a 41 mag SBR would be sweet.

3 Likes

Who’s the trouble maker now?

3 Likes

Me ,me ,me :person_raising_hand::person_raising_hand: I want a turn at being the trouble maker !! :joy:
@samlcolt1873 thats a good bit of information, for which I am sure I wont remember all that. I will have to swing back and read that again from time to time.

2 Likes

I always been one.

5 Likes

But a 41 mag SBR would be sweet.

5 Likes

Yes a tax stamp is needed for short barrel rifles. I will build you a 41 Special SBR anytime you want. I dont bother with the 41 mag not my thing and at various times different companies have made 41 mag rifles. Just shorten the barrel.

4 Likes

I don’t reload so one of them would be useless to me. sure couldn’t find ammo for it.

4 Likes